|Absol DOESN'T cause disasters! - The Dex! Episode 8!|
|Season -, Episode 8|
|Air date||Feb 26, 2013|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
Absol DOESN'T cause disasters! - The Dex! Episode 8! is the eighth episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Triathlete Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Disaster Pokemon, Absol! It was aired on February 26th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Absol, The Disaster Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Absol lives alone in secluded mountains, rarely venturing to civilization
- They have the ability to predict natural disasters
- They do not cause these disasters, but instead try to warn people of them
- Absol can live for up to one hundred years
- It's scythe like horn is it's primary form of attack. Because of it, it can learn the most variations of the move "Slash" out of any Pokemon, being four.
- It's name could come from the word "Absolve" meaning "free of guilt or blame".
Pokemon Conspiracies Edit
- Absol has the ability to predict natural disasters, similar to the Bai Ze from Chinese mythology.
- In mythology, the Bai Ze comes down from the mountains, and warns the emperor of a massive plague
- In the games, Absol is found near areas of large disasters
- In Diamond and Pearl, it can be found near Lake Valor, the one that Team Galactic drained.
- In Platinum it's found near Mt. Coronet, where Giratina is released
- In Black 2 and White 2 it's found in Giant Chasm, where Team Plasma landed their airship.
Battle Strategy Edit
Physical Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Super Luck
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Both abilities are viable, but Super Luck is preferred as it gives Absol even more power.
- Sucker Punch is your main STAB, as it hits hard and gives priority, you need to be mindful using it though.
- Superpower grants coverage, and hits very hard reliably, Swords Dance can help you recover your stats from this.
- Pursuit will allow you to pick off weak opponents that might want to switch out
Random Thoughts Edit
- Night Slash has a heightened critical hit rate on top of Super Luck
- Megahorn is a powerful move that can catch opponents off guard
- Substitute can help you set up Swords Dance more reliably
- Fire Blast is useful against Physically Defensive Steel Type