|Is Machamp a Pokemon Bodybuilder? - The Dex! Episode 99!|
|Season -, Episode 99|
|Air date||February 10, 2015|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
Is Machamp a Pokemon Bodybuilder? - The Dex Episode 99! is the ninety eighth episode of the Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Body Builder Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Superpower Pokemon, Machamp! Aired on February 10, 2015.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, is Machamp just a self-obsessed muscular prettyboy?" - Youtube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Evolves from Machoke from trade.
- The Pokedex says Machamp can punch 1000 in 2 seconds.
- The Pokedex also says it's mastered every martial art.
- In the Beta of Gen 1 it was named a mispronunciation of Judo.
- Machamp's Japanese name is カイリキー/Kairiky a corruption of a phrase that means superhuman strength.
- When trying to do complex tasks their arms become tangled and they get frustrated.
Pokemon That Wear Clothes Edit
- Machoke's belt is inspired by the belts won by fighting in championships.
- The belt Machoke and Machamp wear is the Power Saving Belt.
- The Power Saving Belt is said to contain Machoke and Machamp's energy, without it their power becomes dangerous.
- In real life there are all kinds of belts that reduce strain on the back for lifting heavy loads.
- He looks somewhat like Goro from Mortal Kombat.
- Goro is half human half dragon which could explain why the Machoke line is reptilian.
Battle Strategy Edit
Assault Vested Edit
- Item: Assault Vest
- Ability: No Guard
- Nature: Adamant
- EVs: HP, Attack, and Speed
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Slide
Random Thoughts Edit
- You can use Ice Beam or Stone Edge over Rock Slide.
- Poison Jab can take care of fairy/grass types.
- Life Orb and EV's in Attack and HP.
- Heavy Slam over Bullet Punch is unique.