|Kabutops KILLS Pokemon!? - The Dex! Episode 1!|
|Season -, Episode 1|
|Air date||Dec 17, 2012|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
Kabutops KILLS Pokemon!? - The Dex! Episode 1! is the first episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Youngster Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Shellfish Pokemon, Kabutops! It was aired on December 17th, 2012 and can be viewed here.
"The pilot episode of our brand new show, The Dex, where we provide trivia and in-depth battle strategy about a different Pokemon each week! This week it's Kabutops, the Shellfish Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Kabutops is obtained via reviving the Dome Fossil and evolving the resulting Kabuto
- His Rock/Water typing has allowed him to adapt to life on both land and in water
- In the water, Kabutops can tuck in it's arms and swim at very high speeds
- Kabutops is a predator, and uses it's blade arms to slice weaker Pokemon and suck on their juices
- Kabutops is an arthropod based on the Horseshoe Crab, specifically the Cheirurus Trilobite
- Shares similarities with the Trilabite.
- It's name comes from the Japanese word kabuto meaning helmet as well as the English word, tops.
- In the beta it was called Landis, a reference to the lost city of Atlantis
Bad Pokemon Science Edit
- Scientists have only discovered a few types of fossils, which implies that there were very few types of Pokemon in ancient times
- If scientists can bring fossils from the dead they can probably just bring regular Pokemon from the dead.
- The Dex says Kabutops lived tens of thousands of years ago, but it also says Kabuto are found on the bottom of the ocean.
Battle Strategy Edit
Swift Swim Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Swift Swim
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Kabutops should be paired with a Rain Dancer to take advantage of the speed boost provided by Swift Swim
- Using Sword's Dance while in the rain sets up for a sweep, hitting hard with dual STAB Waterfall and Stone Edge
- Tangrowth and Poliwrath are Kabutops' biggest threats within it's tier
- Most recommend Rapid Spin, but seeing as Rotom is a big counter, it's not worth it
- X-Scissor can be used against troublesome Grass Types, while Toxic can provide pressure and is a surprising move
Random Thoughts Edit
- Kabutops can run a Double Dance set with Swords Dance and Rock Polish
- Aqua Jet can help against Revenge Killers