|Kabutops KILLS Pokemon!? - The Dex! Episode 1!|
|The Dex! Episode 1|
|Air date||Dec 17, 2012|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
Kabutops KILLS Pokemon!? - The Dex! Episode 1! is the first episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Youngster Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Shellfish Pokémon, Kabutops! It aired on December 17th, 2012 and can be viewed here.
"The pilot episode of our brand new show, The Dex, where we provide trivia and in-depth battle strategy about a different Pokemon each week! This week it's Kabutops, the Shellfish Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Kabutops has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Kabutops is obtained via reviving the Dome Fossil and evolving the resulting Kabuto.
- His Rock/Water typing has allowed him to adapt to life on both land and in water.
- In the water, Kabutops can tuck in it's arms and swim at very high speeds.
- Kabutops is a predator, and uses it's blade arms to slice weaker Pokemon and suck on their juices.
- Kabutops is an arthropod based on the Horseshoe Crab, specifically the Cheirurus Trilobite.
- Shares similarities with the Trilabite.
- Its name comes from the Japanese word kabuto meaning helmet as well as the English word, tops.
- In the beta it was called Landis, a reference to the lost city of Atlantis.
Bad Pokémon Science! Edit
- Scientists have only discovered a few types of fossils, which implies that there were very few types of Pokémon in ancient times.
- If scientists can bring fossils from the dead they can probably just bring regular Pokémon from the dead.
- The Pokédex says Kabutops lived tens of thousands of years ago, but it also says Kabuto are found on the bottom of the ocean.
Battle Strategy Edit
Swift Swim Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Swift Swim
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Kabutops should be paired with a Rain Dancer to take advantage of the speed boost provided by Swift Swim.
- Using Swords Dance while in the rain sets up for a sweep, hitting hard with dual STAB Waterfall and Stone Edge.
- Tangrowth and Poliwrath are Kabutops' biggest threats within its tier.
- Most recommend Rapid Spin, but seeing as Rotom is a big counter, it's not worth it.
- X-Scissor can be used against troublesome Grass-types, while Toxic can provide pressure and is a surprising move.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Kabutops can run a Double Dance set with Swords Dance and Rock Polish.
- Aqua Jet can help against Revenge Killers.