- The title of this article is incorrect because of technical limitations. The correct title is Spheal! The MiniDex #5!.
Spheal! The MiniDex #5! is the fifth episode of first season of The MiniDex! series. It's hosted by Rival Jimmy and it covers the Clap Pokémon, Spheal! It aired on July 28th, 2014 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The MiniDex, Jimmy covers a Pokemon that might not have been covered on The Dex, because we like to show a little love to every Pokemon :)" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- While there are a few Pokémon that have the type combination of Water/Ice, Spheal and its evolution line are the the only Ice/Water-type Pokémon.
- Spheal's English name is a combination of the words "Sphere" and "Seal".
- This motif continues to Spheal's name in all languages of the games.
- Due to being poor swimmers and bad at walking, Spheal roll to get from place to place.
Battle Strategy Edit
Choice Scarf Edit
- Item: Leftovers
- Ability: Thick Fat
- Nature: Calm (+Sp. Defense, -Attack) or Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
- EVs: 248 HP / 252 Defense or Sp. Defense
- Aqua Ring
- Protect and Leftovers are a must to keep Spheal afloat.
- Aqua Ring + Substitute to keep Spheal's longevity up.
- Surf for STAB damage.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Toxic: Badly poison the foe, then Protect and Substitute while they slow lose health.
- Stockpile in place of Aqua Ring.