|The Dex! Blaziken! Episode 16 feat. NintendoFanFTW!|
|The Dex! Episode 16|
|Air date||May 7, 2013|
|Starring||PokeKellz, Alex, Rival Jimmy|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
The Dex! Blaziken! Episode 16 feat. NintendoFanFTW! is the sixteenth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Lady in Suit Alex and Pokekellz, with special guest Jimmy "NintendoFanFTW" Whetzel, and it covers the Blaze Pokémon, Blaziken! It aired on May 7th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Blaziken, the Blaze Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Blaziken has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Blaziken can shoot fire out of its wrists and ankles.
- Its so hot, that its feathers burn off every few years, resulting in a nicer coat.
- It fights just like a human using Martial Arts.
- Its legs are so powerful that it can clear a 30-story building in one jump.
- There was some sort of Blaziken-Latias fusion in the Alpha stages of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
Class with Kellz Edit
- Blaziken's name is a combination of the words "Blaze" and "Chicken".
- Some of Blaziken's design comes from cock fighting, bearing close resemblance to the Shamo Rooster.
- Blaziken's Japanese name is バシャーモ Bursyamo, a combination of the Japanese words for "Blast" or "Burn" and "Shamo".
- Its design also seems to take inspiration from the Egyptian gods Ra and Horus.
- The Fire-typing could come from the Basan, or the Karura, two legendary bird-like creatures known for their fiery properties.
- The Karura is often times linked the Fenguhuang, a legendary phoenix, which is what Ho-Oh is based on.
Battle Strategy Edit
Set-Up Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Speed Boost
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Use Protect at the start to ensure a Speed Boost, and scout what your opponent does.
- Blaziken's ability to force switches can allow it to set up a Swords Dance.
- Hi Jump Kick is your main STAB move, but Flare Blitz also hits very hard, but with recoil.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Shadow Claw works against threatening Ghost and Psychic-types.
- Leftovers increases your longevity, but Blaziken could really use the power.
- Choice Band increases damage output, but is a risky option.