The Dex! Bulbasaur! Episode 12 feat. The Completionist! is the twelfth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Pokekellz with special guest Jirard "The Completionist" Khalil and it covers the Seed Pokémon, Bulbasaur! It aired on April 2, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon! Also, this episode features a very special guest: The Completionist!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Bulbasaur has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Bulbasaur's name comes from "Bulb", due to the bulb growing on its back, and "Dinosaur".
- The exact contents of Bulbasaur's bulb are unknown, but vines, leaves, seeds, powders, and scents have all come from it.
- It grows into a large flower as it evolves.
- The Pokédex states that the bulb is planted on its back upon birth. It is unknown who plants it.
- Bulbasaur somewhat resembles a Dicynodon.
- Bulbasaur can't be traded on the GTS, because the "sau" part of the name translates to a German insult.
Pokemon... Behind the Balls Edit
- The original Pokémon games used a "Show, Don't Tell" approach to difficulty selection.
- The three starters each signify a different difficulty level:
- Bulbasaur is considered "Easy Mode" due to its advantage over the first two gyms, and its resistance to the third gym.
- Squirtle is considered "Medium Mode" due to its advantage over the first gym and the second gym's resistance to it.
- Charmander is considered "Hard Mode" due to its weakness to the first two gyms.
- Blue receiving the starter strong against you promotes the player to pick up various Pokémon, rather than rely on the starter.
Battle Strategy Edit
Special Sweeper Edit
- Item: Choice Scarf
- Ability: Overgrow
- Nature: Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
- EVs: Sp. Attack and Speed
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Choice Scarf will greatly increase Bulbasaur's Speed stat, allowing it to sweep.
- Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are primary, hard-hitting STABs.
- Sleep Powder can help you get out of a tough situation, while Giga Drain increases Bulbasaur's longevity.