|The Dex! Crustle! Episode 35!|
|Season -, Episode 35|
|Air date||Oct 29, 2013|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
The Dex! Crustle! Episode 35! is the thirty-fifth episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Suit Actor Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Stone Home Pokemon, Crustle! It was aired on October 29th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Crustle, the Stone Home Pokemon!" - YouTube Description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Crustle lives in dry desert regions, and since it is enormously strong, it carries large, solid rocks on its back. The size of the rock signifies a Crustle's toughness.
- Crustle fight for dominance all the time, and Crustle are rarely seen without their rock. If they lose their rock, they fall to the lowest tier on the Crustle Pyramid - the most dominant Crustle sit on top of their pyramid shaped social structure.
- The name "Crustle" alludes to the crust and mantle of the earth, and castle, which reference sand castles.
Animal Influence Edit
- There are over 1000 species of hermit crab, and most are known for wearing empty shells to protect their softer bodies.
- Crustle carries a rock, and not a shell, but its design is influenced by more than just geological strata: considering is pre-evolved form Dwebble is clearly a hermit crab, Crustle retains an animal influence.
- Most hermit crabs live in the ocean, but the Coenobitidae family of hermit crabs live mainly on land. Some Coenobitidae species (Coenobita Perlatus) have eyes that resemble Dwebble's design.
- This is why the phrase "Dwebble dwells on a pebble" fits - it makes a home from a rock.
Battle Strategy Edit
Shell Smash Sweeper
- Item: White Herb
- Ability: Sturdy
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Crustle can function as a solid sweeper with Shell Smash
- Its main strategy is to use the move Shell Smash alongside a white herb.
- Using the sturdy ability helps to prevent Crustle being OHKO'd early.
- Stone Edge and X-Scissor function as strong STABs, while Earthquake gives coverage
- Crustle has access to Spikes and Stealth Rock.
- Rock Blast can be a helpful counter to Sturdy and Focus Sash users.
- Crustle is an effective toxic user with the move Block to trap opponents who cannot damage Crustle effectively.
- Counter can be a surprise move, since Crustle has a high defence and few weaknesses.