|The Dex! Dunsparce! Episode 6|
|The Dex! Episode 6|
|Air date||Feb 12, 2013|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
The Dex! Dunsparce! Episode 6 is the sixth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Galactic Boss Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Land Snake Pokémon, Dunsparce! It aired on February 12th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"The Dex is a new show about Pokemon, where Alex and PokeKellz focus on trivia and battle strategy for a new monster each week! This week, it's Dunsparce, the Land Snake Pokemon! You asked for it, EVERYONE!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Dunsparce is based off of the Tsuchinoko, which is also known as Bachi Hebi which means Bee Snake.
- The Tsuchinoko is described as a thick, short snake, that has fangs and the ability to jump disturbingly well.
- It is also known to be a liar and an alcoholic.
- It can swallow his own tail to roll around.
- Dunsparce is rare and shy.
- Uses tail to dig underground mazes.
- Little wings also help him fly, but only sightly.
- Japanese name is Nokocchi, which is an anagram of Tsuchinoko.
- English name is a combination of the word "Dun", meaning a grayish color, and "Sparse" meaning rare.
- It is mistakenly referred to as Bug-type in anime, even though it is Normal-type.
Pokémon Soap Box! With Alex! Edit
- Dunsparce's only worthwhile trait is its rarity.
- Being desired solely due to rarity is terrible for Dunsparce, because people will seek it out, capture it, and never use it.
- Dunsparce will likely rot in the PC for life, only being used if it's lucky enough to inflict other better Pokémon with Pokérus.
- Really makes you feel sorry for it.
Battle Strategy Edit
- Item: Unspecified
- Ability: Serene Grace
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- The whole goal is to make it so your opponent can't attack.
- Start with paralyzing the opponent so they are slower and unable to move sometimes.
- Serene Grace boosts the chances of secondary effects, like Rock Slide's Flinch Chance.
- This will leave the opponent with a 30% chance to move each turn.
- Round off the set with Coil to boost your stats, and Roost to heal back lost HP.