The Dex! Gallade! Episode 9 is the ninth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Gentleman Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Blade Pokémon, Gallade! It aired on March 12th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Gallade, The Blade Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Gallade has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Gallade was added into the Ralts family in Gen 4. Only Male Kirlia can evolve into it, via a Dawn Stone.
- The Pokédex constantly mentions how chivalrous Gallade is, and its capabilities in battle.
- His head looks like a Centurion Helmet, and he has blades on his arms that have the ability to extend up to twice their length.
- These blades appear similar to Tonfa Blades used in martial arts.
- They sometimes hide in trees until they see an injustice, and swoop down to protect the weak.
Lame Pokémon Puns Edit
- Gallade's name sounds like Glade, a popular air freshener brand.
- As a chivalrous knight who uses Blades, the name could be a combination of "Gallant" and "Blade".
- Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir are all dancers, so why isn't Gallade?
Battle Strategy Edit
Swords Dance Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Justified
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Gallade is one of the hardest hitters in its tier, so give him Swords Dance to boost his attack even further.
- Close Combat and Zen Headbutt are hard hitting STABs, while Shadow Sneak helps pick off faster threats.
- Switching in Gallade on a Dark-type attack can trigger Justified, increasing his Attack immediately.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Leaf Blade and Night Slash can take out specific threats.
- Destiny Bond can take down a threat right before you go down.
- Gallade can work on Trick Room Teams due to its relatively low Speed stat.