|The Dex! Gliscor! Episode 20|
|The Dex! Episode 20|
|Air date||Jun 11, 2013|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
The Dex! Gliscor! Episode 20 is the twentieth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Rougue Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Fang Scorp Pokémon, Gliscor! It aired on June 11th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Gliscor, the Fang Scorp Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Gliscor has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Gliscor's name is a combination of "Glide" and "Scorpion".
- It is based off of the Vampire Bat, the Scorpion Fly, and the Mecoptera.
- Gliscor is known as a master of critical hits, which is reflected in its movepool, as it can learn more moves with high crit ratios than any other Pokémon.
- It is known as the "Fang Scorp" Pokémon, which seems like an odd classification for it.
Bad Pokémon Science! Edit
- Gliscor is supposed to be 6 feet long, but this is unrealistic considering its habitat of dense forests and swamps.
- While Gliscor is 2x taller than Gligar, Gligar is 1.5x heavier than Gliscor.
- Gliscor cannot fly, only glide. However, the Pokédex states that it can circle the globe without flapping its wings, which is impossible.
Battle Strategy Edit
Bulky Attacker Edit
- Item: Toxic Orb
- Ability: Poison Heal
- Nature: Impish (+Defense, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: HP, Defense, and Speed
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Gliscor's natural bulk and constant healing through Poison Heal allows it to take hits and dish them out as well.
- Start with a Swords Dance, then hit hard with STAB Earthquake, and Ice Fang for coverage.
- Using Taunt can mess with an opponent trying to set up or support its team.
- The Toxic Orb allows Gliscor to not only always gain HP, but shields it from other statuses like Sleep and Burn.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Gliscor can effectively run a stall set with Substitute + Protect.
- Facade is a decent option since it almost always runs a Toxic Orb set.
- Gliscor can deal insane damage with a Flying Gem + Acrobatics.