|The Dex! Mudkip! Episode 3|
|Season -, Episode 3|
|Air date||Jan 14, 2013|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
The Dex! Mudkip! Episode 3 is the third episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Fisherman Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Mud Fish Pokemon, Mudkip! It was aired on January 14th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week it's Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Mudkip is very strong, with the highest attack stat out of all the Gen 3 starters.
- Mudkip's name and design come from the Mudskipper, but also shares characteristics with the Axolotl.
- It has a pure Water-type, but gains Ground-type when it evolves into Marshtomp, which is an excellent typing that leaves it with just one weakness to Grass.
- Mudkip can use the fin atop it's head to sense what's going around in it's surroundings without the use of other senses like sight.
Class with Kellz Edit
- "I herd you liek Mudkipz" is a popular Pokemon meme.
- It originally started on DeviantArt, through "The Mudkip Club". The popular phrase was used as their invite.
- From there, it quickly spread to other popular sites like 4Chan and ytmnd.
- The joke reached it's peak popularity in 2008.
- It's not quiet as popular as it once was, but is still recognizable, and there are plenty of images and gifs of the topic
Battle Strategy Edit
- Item: Salac Berry
- Ability: Torrent
- Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Unspecified
- Rain Dance/Yawn
- Use Substitute repeatedly until your Salac Berry kicks in, raising your speed.
- At that point, Torrent should also trigger, allowing you to hit hard and fast with Waterfall
- Endeavor will also help out since your HP will be so low from all the Substitutes.
- If you have a chance to set up a Rain Dance or Yawn, take it to either hit even harder, or force a switch.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Using Yawn allows you to set up Curses and a Substitute
- Choice Band is an option, but limits what moves you can use
- Ice Beam is a decent move for coverage