|The Dex! Nidoking! Episode 29!|
|The Dex! Episode 29|
|Air date||10 Sep 2013|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
The Dex! Nidoking! Episode 29! is the twenty-ninth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Tamer Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Drill Pokémon, Nidoking! It aired on September 10th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Nidoking, the Drill Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Nidoking has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Nidoking is a Poison/Ground-type Pokémon that evolves from Nidorino with a Moon Stone.
- The Nidoran family are based off of rabits, with the males gradually gaining rhino-like traits as they evolve.
- Many believe that the "Nido" in its name comes from "Needle", but it actually comes from "Cnidocyte" a cell that contains venom in many animals.
- These cells are stinging cells which are tightly wound up, and release whenever it stings someone.
Pokedex Say WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?! Edit
- Nidoking is an incredibly strong, and dangerous creature, with various Pokédex entries detailing this.
- Pokémon Silver says that if it binds an enemy, it can easily break its spine with ease
- Ruby/Sapphire say that once it begins a rampage, nothing can stop it. Its tail is so strong, that one swing can topple a metal transmission tower.
- Red/Blue say it uses its tail to smash its opponent's bones.
- Yellow says its horn is sharp enough to pierce diamonds.
- FireRed is quiet tame on the contrary, simply saying that the horn contains venom.
Battle Strategy Edit
Special Attacker Edit
- Item: Choice Scarf
- Ability: Sheer Force
- Nature: Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
- EVs: Sp. Attack and Speed
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Despite Nidoking's larger Attack stat, its special movepool, coupled with Sheer Force makes it more viable as a Sp. Attacker.
- Sheer Force gives moves that have a secondary effect a stat boost, while eliminating that effect.
- The Choice Scarf will give him the speed needed to sweep teams immediately.
- Earth Power and Sludge Wave are powerful STABs that grant the Sheer Force boost.
- Nidoking has tons of other options, but Focus Blast and Thunderbolt are excellent choices to round out the set.
- Life Orb gives you an extra power boost with no drawbacks.
- Stealth Rock and Substitute are viable on non-choiced sets.
- A Physical Nidoking is viable, but doesn't get a ton of moves to take advantage of Sheer Force.
- Ice Beam is an excellent option on the Special Set.