The Dex! Salamence! Episode 41! is the forty-first episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Pilot Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Dragon Pokémon, Salamence! It aired on December 17th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Salamence, the Dragon Pokemon! Believe in your dreams!" - YouTube Description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Salamance has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Salamence resembles the classic European Dragon. It is a Dragon/Flying-type from Gen 3.
- It is considered a "Pseudo-Legendary" Pokémon. These Pokémon are the last of a three stage evolution, have a 600 Base Stat Total, and have 1,250,000 experience at Level 100.
- Salamence's name is a combination of "Salamander" and "Immense", "Violence" or perhaps "Vehemence".
- It is speculated that Salamence's original name was going to be Flygon.
- Flygon and Salamence are both Dragons that originated in the same game. Flygon keeps with the tradition of "gon" at the end of Bagon and Shelgon's names, and a big part of Salamence is that it wants to Fly.
- Before Darwin, a popular theory on evolution was created by Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
- His theory was that inheritance was based on the creature's desires. For example, giraffes started with short necks, but gradually grew longer as generations stretched to reach the high trees.
- The Pokédex states that Bagon has a strong desire to fly, constantly throwing itself off of cliffs to achieve this goal.
- As a Shelgon, its body undergoes changes within the shell, creating wings because of its want to fly.
- The entire line is incredibly similar to Lamarck's theory of inheritance, evolving based on what the past generations attempted to accomplish.
- Lamarck's theory was proven wrong, but his ideas influenced other people after him, so he is still an important figure.
Battle Strategy Edit
Mixed Attacker Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Moxie
- Nature: Naive (+Speed, -Sp. Defense)
- EVs: 252 Spe / 192 SpA / 64 Att
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor is great because once your stats drop, you can switch to physical moves.
- Outrage is an excellent physical STAB.
- Fire Blast is great coverage against Steel-types.
- Earthquake is a fantastic coverage option as well.
- Dragon Dance with just physical moves is also very threatening.
- Choice Scarf can make you even faster. Aqua Tail on this set gives even better coverage.
- Moxie is great for sweeping, as you get stronger with each opponent you take out.