|The Dex! Typhlosion! Episode 10|
|The Dex! Episode 10|
|Air date||Mar 19, 2013|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
The Dex! Typhlosion! Episode 10 is the tenth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Firebreather Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Volcano Pokémon, Typhlosion! It aired on March 12th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Typhlosion! The Volcano Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Typhlosion has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Typhlosion is the final form of Cyndaquil, Johto's Fire-type starter.
- The entire line is a fan favorite due to its blend of cute and cool.
- Cyndaquil is based off of an Echidna.
- Quilava is based off of a Stoat.
- Typhlosion is based off of a Honey Badger.
- Typhlosion are known for their bad tempers. If they get too angry, its fire mane can cause an explosion.
- It can also create a heat haze to use as camouflage.
- Its the only Fire-type starter to not gain a secondary typing.
Pokémon Etymology Edit
- Part of the name could come from the Greek Word "Typhus" meaning "hazy", similar to those heat hazes that they use.
- Its name is also related to the Greek word for Smoke, which is related to Typhlosion's Fire typing.
- "Tephra" is Greek for Ashe, and is also tied to volcanoes.
- It could also come from "Typhon" a Greek monster that marries another monster based on an Echidna, tying it back to Cyndaquil.
- The last part of the name is based off explosions.
Battle Strategy Edit
Sun Team Sweeper Edit
- Item: Choice Specs
- Ability: Blaze
- Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
- EVs: Sp. Attack and Speed
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- This set relies on the sun being out, as it powers up Typhlosion's Fire-type moves, and allows it to use SolarBeam without charging it up.
- Choice Specs will help it hit a lot harder.
- Make sure to use Eruption when you are at full HP.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Hidden Power Rock and Grass are useful in places like Pokemon Showdown.
- Will-O-Wisp can cripple physical attackers.
- Substitute can bring your HP down into Blaze Range.