|The Dex! Whimsicott! Episode 13|
|Season -, Episode 13|
|Air date||Apr 9, 2013|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
The Dex! Whimsicott! Episode 13 is the thirteenth episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Backpacker Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Windveiled Pokemon, Whimsicott! It was aired on April 9, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Whimsicott, the Windveiled Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Whimsicott represents April in the Pokemon Zodiac, which can be found on TV in Unova.
- People born in this month are supposed to be optimistic, and enthusiastic, similar to Aries
- Similar to Aries, it is modeled after a Ram, mixed with a Cottonbloom
- Because of this, Whimsicott has the ability to float on the wind
- It is based off of the "Vegetable Lamb of Tartary", a lamb that grows from the ground and grazes, creating cotton.
Battle Strategy Edit
Prankster Support Edit
- Item: Leftovers
- Ability: Prankster
- Nature: Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
- EVs: HP and Defense
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Whimsicott is technically an RU Pokemon, but is good enough to be viable in higher tiers.
- Whimsicott should be given plenty of support moves to take advantage of Prankster.
- Use Encore to trap an opponent into a support move like Weather or Entry Hazards.
- Once trapped, use a Substitute, and then Paralyze, and Leech Seed your opponent.
- This will allow you to regenerate HP for future Substitutes, and potentially leave the opponent unable to move, which helps greatly with preserving the Substitute.
- Taunt can completely shut down Whimsicott due to it's lack of offensive moves
- Grass Types are immune to Whimsicott's Leech Seed and Stun Spore
- Bug and Ice moves can hit Whimsicott for big damage