The Dex! Whimsicott! Episode 13 is the thirteenth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Backpacker Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Windveiled Pokémon, Whimsicott! It aired on April 9, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Whimsicott, the Windveiled Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Whimsicott has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Whimsicott represents April in the Pokémon Zodiac, which can be found on TV in Unova.
- People born in this month are supposed to be optimistic, and enthusiastic, similar to Aries.
- Similar to Aries, it is modeled after a Ram, mixed with a Cottonbloom.
- Because of this, Whimsicott has the ability to float on the wind.
- It is based off of the "Vegetable Lamb of Tartary", a lamb that grows from the ground and grazes, creating cotton.
New and Ridiculous Segment Edit
No New and Ridiculous Segment for this episode.
Battle Strategy Edit
Prankster Support Edit
- Item: Leftovers
- Ability: Prankster
- Nature: Bold (+Defense, -Attack) or Impish (+Defense, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: HP and Defense
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Whimsicott is technically an RU Pokémon, but is good enough to be viable in higher tiers.
- Whimsicott should be given plenty of support moves to take advantage of Prankster.
- Use Encore to trap an opponent into a support move like Weather or Entry Hazards.
- Once trapped, use a Substitute, and then Paralyze, and Leech Seed your opponent.
- This will allow you to regenerate HP for future Substitutes, and potentially leave the opponent unable to move, which helps greatly with preserving the Substitute.
- Taunt can completely shut down Whimsicott due to it's lack of offensive moves.
- Grass-types are immune to Whimsicott's Leech Seed and Stun Spore.
- Bug and Ice-type moves can hit Whimsicott for big damage.