|The Dex! Zangoose! Episode 4|
|Season -, Episode 4|
|Air date||Jan 21, 2013|
|Written by||Alex Faciane, Kellie Whisler|
|Directed by||The National Dex|
The Dex! Zangoose! Episode 4 is the fourth episode of The Dex Trivia and Battle Strategy series. It's hosted by Kimono Girl Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Cat Ferret Pokemon, Zangoose! It was aired on January 21st, 2013 and can be viewed here
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week it's Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Zangoose was first introduced in Generation 3. It's most defining features are its scars and sharp claws.
- Zangoose is very well known for it's rivalry with Seviper, similar to the real-life rivalry between the Mongoose and the Snake.
- Some people put the two animals in a ring to make them fight and bet on it.
- Despite the rivalry, they share similarities, such as a shared 458 Base Stat Total, and similar looking eyes
- They also are both in the Field egg group, meaning they can breed.
Pokemon Etymology Edit
- "Zangoose" is a combination of the "Mongoose" and "Zan"
- Zan could mean the Japansese word that means "to cut".
- Zan could also be for Zankon which means scar.
- Zan could also mean Zangoto which means angry.
Battle Strategy Edit
Late Game Sweeper Edit
- Item: Toxic Orb
- Ability: Toxic Boost
- Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Swords Dance/Quick Attack
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Toxic Boost will increase your attack by 50% if poisoned, which is why using a Toxic Orb is ideal
- Giving him Facade also gets a boost when poisoned along with STAB, dealing massive damage
- Since Zangoose can't last long due to poor defenses and the poison, he should be used towards the end of the match.
- Night Slash deals with Ghosts, while Close Combat helps against Rock and Steel types.
- Swords Dance can be used if you need even more power, or Quick Attack if you need some priority
Random Thoughts Edit
- Fling allows you to throw your Toxic Orb and poison foes
- Using Leech Seed with another Pokemon allows you to have a bit more longevity
- Zangoose has access to a wide variety of Special Attacks for coverage