|Turtonator is EXPLOSIVE! - The Dex!|
|The Dex! Episode 221|
|Air date||November 28, 2017|
|Executive Producer(s)||Jirard Khalil, Michael Barryte|
Turtonator is EXPLOSIVE! - The Dex! is the two-hundred-twenty first episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Engineer Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Blast Turtle Pokémon, Turtonator! It aired on November 28th, 2017 and can be viewed here.
"Turtonator might go off like a bomb if you disturb it! It's also based on a real-life turtle!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- It snacks on sulfur, which allows it to excrete an explosive substance from its shell.
- Turtonator lies flat on the ground, waiting for a target to approach. It then strikes its shell with its tail, causing an explosion.
- Turtonator's appearance may be based on the Mata mata, an Amazonian turtle with a shovel-like face.
- Turtonator is also based on landmines.
- Its name is a a portmanteau of "Turtle" and "Detonator".
- Its Japanese name, バクガメス Bakugames, means "blasting turtle".
- Sulfur plays a part in the designs of Alolan Muk, Litten, and Turtonator.
- Sulfur is a component of gunpowder and acts as the fuel for the explosion.
- In alchemy, the three principles are Salt, Mercury, and Sulfur. Each represent the body, the mind, and the spirit, respectively.
- Pokémon can be tied to being more spiritual than normal animals as they can be changed into energy and are elementals.
Battle Strategy Edit
Smashed Trap Edit
- Item: White Herb
- Ability: Shell Armor
- Nature: Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
- EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Attack
- Shell Smash
- Shell Trap
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Shell Smash + White Herb: Boost Turtonator's Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed while negating the Defense drop.
- Shell Trap for mind games.
- Heat Wave and Dragon Pulse are good STAB moves and take advantage of Turtonator's good Sp. Attack.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Iron Defense + Leftovers for a more Tanky build.
- Trick Room team: Turtonator works well on a Trick Room team due to its poor Speed. This allows it to hit first with all of its moves, excluding Shell Trap (-3 Priority on hit).
- USUM Move Tutor move: Block.