Tyranitar can destroy MOUNTAINS! - The Dex! Episode 5! is the fifth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Preschooler Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Armor Pokémon, Tyranitar! It aired on February 5th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"PokeKellz and Alex are back with this week's episode of their Pokemon Trivia/Battle Strategy show, The Dex! This week, they're focusing on Tyranitar, The Armor Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Tyranitar has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Tyranitar is an exceptionally strong Pokémon with a unique Rock/Dark-typing.
- It looks like a combination of an Iguana, a Stegosaurus, a T-Rex, and Godzilla.
- Despite their toughness, they show their affection by nuzzling.
- Its Japanese name is "Bangiras", which is a mix of the Japanese words for "savage", and "barbarian", as well as "Giras", a monster very similar to Godzilla.
- Its English name is based on Tyrannosaurs and the latin word "tardis" meaning slow.
- Tyranitar shares its species with Donphan; both are the Armor Pokémon.
Bad Pokémon Science! Edit
- Tyranitar should be a Rocky Bug Pokémon, seeing as it evolves from a larva, and then a pupa.
- The Pokédex states that Tyranitar can destroy entire mountains with just one hand. Its hands are way too small for this to be possible.
- Tyranitar's armor is supposedly impervious to all attacks, but if that were true, that'd make it the best Pokémon in the game.
Battle Strategy Edit
- Item: Choice Band
- Ability: Sand Stream
- Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: HP, Attack, and Speed
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit/Fire Blast
- Giving it tons of physical attacks of different types ensures it will be able to hit most Pokemon at least neutrally.
- Pursuit is useful because Tyranitar can force a lot of switches.
- Fire Blast is a good option against Forretress and Ferrothorn.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Ability to force switches gives opportunities to set up Stealth Rock.
- Aerial Ace never misses and can deal with Fighting and Grass-types that threaten Tyranitar.
- A non-Choice Banded set with Dragon Dance can set up and sweep effectively.