What IS Feraligatr!? - The Dex! Episode 105! is the one hundred and fifth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Free-Diver Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Big Jaw Pokémon, Feraligatr! It aired on March 31th, 2015 and can be viewed [ here].
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, is Feraligatr a Crocodile or an Alligator? The answer may surprise you!" - Youtube description.
Intro Trivia Edit
- Feraligatr is 7'07", the tallest final form of all Water-type starters.
- Very fast, ambushes Pokémon.
- It only stands on land to fight.
- Its name comes from "Feral" and "Alligator".
- Feraligatr's name was so long it had to shortened due to the Gen 2 character limit.
- Its Japanese name: オーダイル means King Crocodile.
Animal Influence Edit
Real Life Edit
- Crocodiles have pointed v-shaped snouts.
- Alligators have wide round snouts.
- Crocodiles have a straight bite, meaning their teeth come both up and down.
- Alligators have an overbite, meaning their bite comes down.
- Crocodiles are slim and muscular.
- Alligators have lots of body mass.
- It has Crocodile teeth.
- Its mouth could be either.
- The Lack of ridges on its legs resembles an Alligator.
Feraligatr seems to be a Spectacled Caiman, as it shares almost all of the featured traits, and almost exactly the same height.
Battle Strategy Edit
Set-Up Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Sheer Force
- Nature: Jolly
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
Random Thoughts Edit
- Torrent Feraligatr can use Earthquake and Aqua Jet, as they don't have secondary effects.
- Earthquake will cause the Life Orb to trigger, but Bulldoze will not, making it a viable option.
- Swords Dance in place of Dragon Dance works if you feel you don't need more speed.